Furnaces are built to last for a long time. In fact, most furnaces have a lifespan of 15 years. However, furnaces only last this long if they receive regular maintenance to keep them in good working condition.
Furnace maintenance is affordable, effective, and has a number of outstanding benefits for your home, making it one of the single best things you can invest in for your HVAC system. Making time for regular maintenance will also significantly reduce the chance of needing furnace repairs in the future. It’s recommended you have your furnace checked once a year, ideally before cold weather hits.
Roth Home is your go-to resource for furnace maintenance in Portland and the Central Oregon areas. We provide service on all types of gas and electric furnaces. Call us today at 503-266-1249 to schedule your pre-winter furnace tune-up.
What is a Heater Tune-Up?
During a furnace tune-up, a certified HVAC technician performs a full system inspection to ensure all components are clean and in working order. If we find any issues under the hood, we’ll discuss your repair options to prevent more serious damage from happening.
Here are the steps we take to make sure your furnace is running efficiently:
- Inspect all aspects of your furnace system
- Tighten electrical and gas connections
- Check for fraying or damaged areas
- Clean components and replace your dirty air filter
- Install a new thermostat battery
- Make preventative maintenance recommendations
Benefits of Regular Furnace Maintenance
The ultimate goal of furnace maintenance is to ensure your furnace remains efficient and working at full capacity throughout the year.
Here are some more benefits of scheduling a heater tune-up each year:
- Reduces unexpected breakdowns: There’s nothing worse than having your heater break down in the middle of a cold, winter night. Prevent this kind of emergency by scheduling an annual tune-up.
- Lowers your heating bill: Regular maintenance will ensure your heating system is working as efficiently as possible, which can result in a reduced energy bill.
- Catches problems early on: A tune-up is a chance for our technicians to catch any serious problems before they start to affect your entire heating system. You’ll avoid serious wear and tear that could lead to something like a cracked heat exchanger or carbon monoxide leaks, as well as costly repairs.
- Prolongs the life of your furnace: Just as a car needs regular maintenance, your heating system does too. If you want your furnace to last, annual maintenance is the answer. This will also improve the air quality inside your home.
When Should I Schedule My Furnace Tune-Up?
To ensure your furnace is ready to serve your home throughout the heating season, we recommend you schedule a furnace tune-up in late summer or early autumn. At this point, the weather is still warm enough to forgo heat, but the first day of furnace operation is not far off.
Scheduling maintenance around this time will help you avoid the highest-risk part of the heating season: the first heat cycle. The first heat cycle is when many of the furnace parts that haven’t moved in months roar back to life, which can cause older ones to break down due to age.
During maintenance service, we ensure all of these components are ready for your first heat cycle of the season, and that you can flip on your furnace with total peace of mind.
Roth Furnace Maintenance Service
Here at Roth Home, we offer maintenance on all types of gas and electric furnaces. This includes both high-tech modern models and older units alike.
We understand the importance of annual checkups when it comes to your furnace’s health, and we make it our mission to ensure your heating unit is up to the challenge of keeping your home warm and comfortable all winter long.
Should your heating system have any issues, we’ll happily provide furnace repair to restore your heat. Some of our clients prefer to replace a faulty furnace, especially if their heating system is on the older side. If this is the case, you can rest assured that we also provide exceptional furnace replacement service.
Our technicians have a deep understanding of heating systems, and they’re trained to carefully inspect the most crucial parts and components of your furnace. You’ll love not only the savings on your energy bill, but the added peace of mind regular maintenance can provide.
Schedule Furnace Service in Portland, OR
Roth Home is the most trusted choice for professional HVAC services in Portland and the Central Oregon communities. When you need a furnace tune-up, our technicians are here to provide you and your home with exceptional service.
Call 503-266-1249 today to schedule your annual furnace maintenance.
Space is limited! Schedule a furnace tune-up by contacting Roth Home today.