During home construction or renovation, you may have limited room for space-consuming features, such as ductwork. In that case, a ductless mini split heat-pump system may be your best option.
Here are the top 5 benefits of installing ductless mini splits:
- Ease of installation: Installing ductless mini splits is easier than installing standard HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) systems because mini splits do not require ducts. They consist of an outdoor unit that contains the main system components and up to four indoor units that distribute the heated and cooled air.
- High energy efficiency: Ductless mini split systems do not experience the loss of air and energy that is common in standard ducted systems. A mini split system may lose five percent of the heating and cooling energy that passes through it, compared to 40 percent of the same type of energy lost through traditional ductwork.
- Convenience for zoning: You can put one of the system’s indoor air-handling units almost anywhere, limited only by the length of the connections to the outdoor unit. The indoor units are designed to operate individually with their own thermostat, so you can put one in four individual zones, or concentrate heating and cooling in one particular area.
- Quiet operation: Mini-split systems operate very quietly, because the noise of the compressors and motors occurs in the outdoor unit. The indoor air handlers disperse air very quietly and efficiently.
- Less environmental stress: Newer models of mini split systems use the most modern refrigerants, such as R410A. This refrigerant is safer for the environment and prevents harm to the ozone layer. Furthermore, it is scheduled to become the standard HVAC system refrigerant by the year 2020, so installing a system that uses it now will give you a jump on upcoming requirements.
Roth Home & Cooling is dedicated to providing the best in home comfort for our heating, cooling, plumbing and electrical customers in Portland, Bend, Salem and the surrounding areas in Oregon. Contact us today for more information on the benefits of installing ductless mini splits and to get a quote on a new ductless system, or to schedule an installation at your convenience.